- Unless you have a head full of grey hair and walk with a cane, you will be referred to as ‘Joven’ at some point in time. ‘Joven’ translates to young person. It’s most often used to get someone’s attention.
- Panama has an extremely diverse population, just about everyone is represented here.
- Fresh food. I love the fact that everyone has access to fresh fruit and vegetables, without a lot/if any chemicals.
- The concept of a line is often completely disregarded here. I cannot tell you the number of times I have been standing in line and someone just walks right to the front, even being so bold/rude/oblivious to talk over the person who is currently being helped.
- Anything and everything can be found on Avenida Central, a main thoroughfare in Panama City. The market stretches through Casco Viejo, Santa Ana, and Caledonia. My experience has been that the best prices are here.